Thursday, August 27, 2009

Here, there and everywhere.

That's where my thoughts are so this is going to be a post of random things so I can get a few of the "things to post about" off the list in my head!

First off I want to just send a little love to all you wonderful people that I've discovered through blogs. Thanks for the nice comments and for the fun posts. This little adventure takes up far too much of my time every day but it's so darn fun.

Next is a book review my-style. I'm no English major nor a reader of the classics which will be blatantly obvious once you read my review... I just finished Jennifer Wiener's Certain Girls. This was a fun, entertaining read. At times a page turner but generally just a fun book that I looked forward to reading. And for me that's about as good as it gets. My only requirement really is - please don't bore me. Plus the family in the book is Jewish so several things sparked good memories I have of my dear Jewish friends who introduced me to things like the menorah, dreidel, potato knish, cheese blintzes (YUM - I might have to plan a trip to NYC just to get my blintz fix) and one of my fave holiday songs by Adam Sandler.

Followed by a movie review. Adventureland. This is the best 80's movie I've seen that wasn't made in the 80's. The whole setting, wardrobe, etc... is so spot on. Just seeing the styles was entertaining enough, but the story was good too. Plus this is one of those movies that doesn't employ A-listers. I love seeing the new, young group of actors/actresses that are becoming more popular that haven't made it where they are just bcs they are physically beautiful.

And well I guess that's it for now. It's past my bed time and I was up reeeealy early this morning because my adorable son wanted to play at 5 am. I'm puzzled as to why I'm not tired yet. After all, the super early morning coupled with a day out on the boat would normally have had me nodding off hours ago... And this is another reason I have to stop and count my blessings - a Thursday on the boat, swimming in the beautiful blue sea that is a short drive from my home, with my babies.

Smiles,
Elle

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad you found my blog so that I in turn have found yours! First of all, I am just a bit jealous that you live in the Caribbean. I don't think I could do it year round but living in MN, I long for the tropics 8 months out of the year. Also, I love Jennifer Weiner books and was wondering if I should pick that one up. I will do that post haste. I'll be back to check out your site.

Llama said...

I can't believe I deleted my whole blog yesterday! URGGHH! You know how you say you spend way too much time on this? I can totally relate! It was crazy though, I was so upset yesterday because, even though this takes time, it is worth it. One, you get to document so many wonderful things in your life, and two you get to meet so many amazing people! I just love it!
After I read some of my vampire novels I definitely want to read Jennifer Wiener, I hear some wonderful things about her books!
p.s. What can be better than being on a boat in the caribbean with family?!?! lucky duck!

Debbie said...

I just love a book and a movie review! Hope you are having a good weekend.