Sunday, December 27, 2009

It has taken 2 long years....

well almost. Next month will be two years. We've been working on this bathroom reno for a loooonnnng time. It was the first project we wanted to tackle after we bought our house. Instead, we did a bunch of other stuff and lived in another bedroom then moved into the master bedroom without use of the adjoining bath. Then we had a toilet, then sinks, then a tub and now finally a shower. Only we have to seal the floor before we use it and the shops don't reopen till Tuesday. So there is a chance that I might, just might have a shower in my bathroom before 2010. I think it's a major improvement though, don't you think? We gutted the room and reconfigured. The window is the same to give you an idea of positioning. I have to take some after shots of the sink area. My plan is to do one big before and after post with all the things we did in the house. One day when the house is all tidy and I can take some nice after shots! Here goes:

Before - don't you love the dark green?
it really bothered my husband that he could sit on the toilet and touch both elbows to the walls. I wonder - who thought this use of space was a good idea....

And ahhhh, after. Much better, huh?


Elle :)

6 comments:

Llama said...

Wow! Its look gooooorgeou! I love the tiles! It was def. worth the wait!

Kristen said...

That is one of the prettiest bathrooms I have ever seen!!

Gaia said...

It's fantastic!
good job, I wish I was good enough to make such a beauty!

Happy new year !

Gaia

Unknown said...

Looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Mandy said...

Oh, it's beautiful! The new colours are definitely nicer.