Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'm so happy

I could explode! Here's why:

About 15 years ago (holy moly has it really been THAT long?!?!) my husband's (then boyfriend's) cousin started dating a lovely Danish girl. She & I got along like 2 peas in a pod. The 4 of us did stuff together every weekend for a few years pretty much. Dinners out, movies in, travelled, etc.. We became best of friends. Then they got married and had a baby and it changed a bit, but not much. They moved abroad, came back, had another baby. I finally joined the baby club about the same time they decided it was time to move abroad again. She & the kids left when my first child was about a week old. That was a little over 4 years ago. Well this past summer they split. Things got pretty crazy for them. We understood but were so sad. You know they were the couple you thought would be together forever. Then the slander started. The can you believe she did this and he said that? I wondered if I'd ever be able to visit my best friend again. You know when family is involved it gets even stickier. Well tonight we got a call from them. They are BACK TOGETHER!! Hooray! They are planning to come visit this summer and I'm just so stinkin thrilled I had to share it with you. I love it when love wins.

:) :) :) Elle :)

7 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love really does conquer all doesn't it?? Yay for your bestie!

Debbie said...

That is great! It is always hard when your life no longer includes someone you've grown to care about.

Juliana said...

Awwwww! How exciting! What a great love story!

I am your newest follower!

SouthernBelleJM said...

Some times, people just need their own space.

I think this is so awesome!!!!!!

Llama said...

What a great story. I love when love wins! I am so happy that they found their love again and even happier that they are sharing it with you! :)

Gaia said...

What a Love Story! Congratulations! Time is the better cure!

Have a great weekend!

Mandy said...

Awww, that is the most romantic story ever... how lovely for everyone!