Monday, February 8, 2010

Changing the subject...



There's going to be a little of that going on because I haven't posted in a few days...

First off I hate to report that we still have pesky viruses attacking my kids. It's been bang-bang-bang this year. Runny noses and coughs barely phase me these days. Overall we are all doing pretty well.

On to American football. I'm minutely pleased that the team I was pulling for won the Super Bowl. Frankly I don't have much interest in the sport. For the life of me I cannot understand the game. Even with the fancy yellow lines they stick in electronically these days. I've lived in a family of sports lovers my whole life. It just isn't in me. I aced (ok maybe a B) Trigonometry, Calculus and Statistics in my high school days, but the rules and game play of American football are completely beyond me. I do enjoy the Super Bowl for one reason: snacks. It's like the Thanksgiving of snacks. And I like it when a newcomer wins. I needed no further info than the Colts have been to the Super Bowl before and won (I think) and the Saints had never been to know that I was pulling for the Saints.

On to Kate Spade.

Dear Kate, I wish I could afford to adorn myself in your label. I trust other labels in my price range will have similar items in their Spring offering. I know it's not quite the same but it will have to do. I do find it quite interesting that your handbag prices are not, in my opinion, crazy expensive. Though I'm sad to report I don't own a single one.
P.S. I'd love to know where I might find your Outlet.

I mean seriously - I love this outfit. I don't need to be fancy.
{via Kate Spade.com}

And how lovely is this? Living on an island and all - it's so nice it's not cliche´.
{via Kate Spade.com}

I really should stop stalking her website. It's just a wicked thing to do to myself.

Subject change #3.
I'm getting excited about my job. I think I can totally handle the hours and I know it'll be fun. I am admittedly worried about the whole "getting vacation time approved" again. My dreams of summers in Europe have been tossed out the window. And let's not even talk about the subject of December holidays in the retail world. But heck, I'm going to give it a shot. And I couldn't have picked a nicer boss. For now I'm working a few hours here and there till the shop is ready to open which should be in late March. Then I'll be a regular. I let you know how it goes.

Well I guess I better get back to the laundry. Before I have to turn the dryer on another 5x to get the wrinkles out.

I'm going out for Sushi tonight - yum. What have you been up to??

Elle :)

1 comment:

Llama said...

I am 100% with you when it comes to football...i try my best...I JUST DONT GET IT! HAHA! I've mastered many things in my life...just not that sport. I too like the snacks (and the commercials) best! LOL!
You love for KATE is killing me...now you have me looking at the website...just lovin things...ahhhh!! That shirt and bracelet are to die for! LOVE THEM!!!
Excited that your excited about your job...i hope it is everything you want it to be and more!
Did you say laundry? Oh no......