Monday, September 21, 2009

Spreading the love

I got my first blog award the other day from the lovely Llama. Thanks!! It could not have come at a better time, because I was having a drab day and it was instantly brightened when I found out. So being the rule follower that I am - here goes.


7 things about me:
1) I moved out of the country, from Miami, when I was 13.
2) The only time I've lived back in the good ole USA was whilst attending uni at Boston University & Florida State University (yes in that order, yes surprising or at least it should be)
3) My favorite season is fall but I rarely have a chance to experience it unless traveling.
4) I live in a house where we only watch DVD's - no satellite or cable feed here - sometimes I miss it, sometimes I don't know when I'd find the time. We've lived this way for 5 years.
5) The most exciting trip I've ever been on was when I went to South Africa and got to go on safari. I really hope I can take my children there one day to see the animals in their real element. It was an AMAZING experience that I highly recommend.
6) We have no pets, but we do have pests: an elusive iguana that likes to use our pool deck as his (would have to be male, right?!) toilet, a woodpecker who has discovered the very small portion of our house that is wooden (right above the master bedroom window) and likes to tap on it before 6 am many mornings and finally a resident (unwelcome) rooster who crows at any hour of the day and along with him, his very large chicken family. And you thought it was all sunshine and beaches in the tropics!
7) I got married nearly 10 years ago in Vegas baby! 45 of our fam, besties & us at the Bellagio. It was a BLAST!

My 7 Nominees:

Now won't you join me on my little history of blogging??

1) Pretty Little Things - This is where I discovered blogs. I saw Lori Marie featured on Martha and went to her website and discovered her blog. She is definitely creative! I love her creations, her tiny house and her super cute pup Matilda. She's got a great etsy shop - you should check it out. Via PLT I discovered....

2) Dear Daisy Cottage - a visit to Kim is like going to visit your dearest auntie. She is the most kind, warm-hearted gal I have discovered in blogland. She has an adorable cottage in Florida, she is a brilliant photographer and she too has a super cute pup, Maggie. She'll make you treats, take you on amazing home tours and share her thrifting finds. Need a hug? Go visit Dear Daisy Cottage, I guarantee you will come back feeling warm & fuzzy!

3) Notes from the Trenches - I discovered Chris by googling "clogged milk duct" one day. I was breast feeding and suffering from clogged ducts. Kids - let me just tell you - it ain't fun! Anyways my google took me to her blog and there I found a hilarious post and I was immediately hooked. Chris has 6 kids aged 4 - teenage. She homeschooled until this year and she isn't what you think a mother who homeschools would be. She is quick witted, feisty and admirable. Plus her kids are all cute - oh and she is another great photographer. Trust me, she couldn't give a rat's @$$ about receiving a Kreativ Blog Award, but I'm giving her one anyway!

4) Monograms and Manicures - You'd think I watch Martha often, but I really don't. I discovered Hopsy on Martha too. She was a very enthusiastic Lilly-lover on Martha's Lilly show. Hopsy is a super sweet girl who lives a great life. She's got over 900 followers, so she's doing something right!

And the rest is history - through the blog discovery trail, one day or another I happened upon these 3:

5) Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Who doesn't like a trip to Europe? Assuming of course, you don't live there. She will take you to the most amazing places.

6) When Pigs Fly - Ever found that person who seems to have a similar opinion to your own on many things? That's Jen for me. I love reading her posts and she has a great style of writing.

7) Emm in London - Emm should be a travel journalist. I loved following her recent trip to New York.

Whew! That's my 7. For those of you who wish too, here are the rules: I know many of you that I have chosen are too busy to follow the rules, but I chose you because I wanted to. I truly enjoy these blogs!


Here are the Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they've been nominated

6 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks so much for nominating me. I really appreciate it. It has been so much fun stopping by your blog as well. I'm going to check out your other nominees.

Together We Save said...

Congrats on your award!!

lori marie said...

thank you, ELLE!!! you are so sweet for including me in your list:) caribbean, huh? jealous!!

smiles and hugs
lori

Unknown said...

What a fun list! Congrats on your award :)

Llama said...

You really deserve the award, im so happy that it made you happy! I want an iguana as a "pet"...id love to live in the caribbean! It is the opposite of NY! :)

Mandy said...

Oh my! I would love to be a travel journalist or just to make writing a full time endeavor! Thank you for the award!