Sunday, July 3, 2011

Elle's Scrumptious Blackberry Cobbler


You REALLY should try this, I mean REALLY.

Elle's Scrumptious Blackberry Cobbler
4 c blackberries, frozen or fresh
1/2 c white sugar
2 t corn starch
1/4 c lemon juice (approx 1 nice lemon is fine)

Put blackberries in a bowl, sprinkle on sugar & corn starch. Pour on lemon juice and let sit while you do everything else.



1 stick (8T) butter
1.5 c self rising flour
1.5 c milk (I use 2%)
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 c turbinado sugar

Put your stick of butter in a 3 qt baking dish (13x9x2 is fine and I used Hefty Easy Ovenware since I'm taking these to a dinner). Preheat oven to 350. While your oven is preheating, stick the baking dish of butter in the oven. Let the butter melt while you mix the cakey part. BE CAREFUL to not let your butter burn (yes, I've done this!).

Meanwhile put your flour, milk & sugars into a mixing bowl and mix it all together (I use a whisk). It's quite soupy.
**Tip - baking this is even more fun with a cute helper!**

When your butter has melted, take our your dish, and pour this on top. Don't stir it in the dish. Toss your berries in the bowl and break up any sugar or starchy chunks. Spoon the berries and juice into the pan.


Bake for 30-45 mins.


I serve it warm with a scoop of Haagen-Dazs vanilla. YUM!

**Peach variation:
instead of the blackberry mixture, use 2 cans of peaches in lite syrup. Strain one can and leave one with the syrup. Super yummy and easy too!

If you make it, let me know what you think. We love it around here.

Happy 4th!

:) Elle

1 comment:

Llama said...

Oh my goodness! That look AMAZING!!! I will definitely have to try some of that goodness! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Hope you had a wonderful 4th!!:)